Admission Review Process
When reviewing an application for admission, the counseling staff in the Office of Admissions evaluates the following areas (in order of importance):
- Strength of high school curriculum; students are encouraged to take a college preparatory curriculum
- Recalculated GPA using only the core academic courses (English, mathematics, physical and biological sciences, social science, and foreign language courses)
- Academic trend in grades beginning in the ninth grade
- ACT or SAT test score using the highest composite score if more than one score is reported
- Personal statement
- Activities, leadership, community service, special talents, and expected contributions to the MSU community
Students can also review the GPA and test score ranges in the freshman class profile to assess their potential admissibility.
*Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to read PDF documents.