Already Admitted? Next Steps...
As an admitted student, there are steps you need to complete to prepare for your enrollment at Michigan State University.
Requirements for All Incoming Students
- Log in to your online student portal and locate your Personal Identification (PID) number and request your Personal Access Number (PAN). These numbers are needed to activate your MSU NetID and MSU email account.
- Establish your MSU NetID and MSU e-mail account. Go!
- Submit your Advanced Enrollment Deposit (AED). Freshmen starting fall semester must submit the AED no later than May 1 or their offer of admission may be canceled. When submitting your AED online, you will be able to confirm your need for campus housing and reserve space in a required Academic Orientation Program. Go!
- Complete the online Math Placement Exam. View Online Placement Tests for more information.
- If appropriate, complete the online Foreign Language Placement Exam. Click on the Online Placement Tests link on the right menu for more information.
- Submit the required Immunization Self-Report form. Failure to complete this form may affect your ability to attend MSU.
- If you are under 18, your parents need to complete the Consent Form for Treatment of Students Under Age 18. Visit the Immunization Self Report for more information.
- Check to make sure you have adequate health insurance coverage. Newly admitted students are required to be covered by adequate health insurance. This requirement may be met through your family's plan, an individual plan, or by enrolling in the University-sponsored student health insurance plan. Click on the Student Health Insurance link on the right menu for more information.
Requirements for Students with Specific Situations
- If you want to be considered for federal financial aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Go! (International students are not eligible.)
- If you plan to major in music, schedule an audition and complete the separate application for the School of Music. Go!
- Admitted students with college-level course work should do the following:
If you are a student with a disability, review the Important Action Required for Students with Disabilities section of your admitted student booklet and submit the Self-Identification for Students with Disabilities registration form to the Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities. Go!
- Send an official copy of score results to the Office of Admissions if you have taken an Advanced Placement (AP), College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), A-Levels, or International Baccalaureate (IB) exam.
- Notify the Office of Admissions if you are currently enrolled in college courses or anticipate taking college courses prior to your first semester of enrollment at MSU.
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the Office of Admissions if you have completed or will complete any college course work prior to attending MSU.
*Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to read PDF documents.