International Student Immunizations and Self Report

Michigan State University requires all entering undergraduate students to complete an Immunization Self-Report. Failure to complete this form may affect your ability to attend MSU. Copies of personal medical or immunization records are not acceptable substitutes for the required Immunization Self-Report. If you need assistance completing your Immunization Self-Report, bring your immunization materials with you to AOP.

Submit your Immunization Self-Report

It is strongly advised that you have all of the vaccines recommended by national health officials prior to enrolling at MSU. A list of recommended immunizations and other information regarding student health and disease prevention can be found on the University Physician’s Web site. If you cannot afford or gain access to the recommended vaccines, MSU has programs to help qualifying students with the cost of vaccinations.

Learn more about vaccinations, availability of vaccines, and health insurance

All new international students are required to take a tuberculosis test upon arrival on campus. The Office for International Students and Scholars will provide you with a date, time, and location for your test at the mandatory check-in. The test is free of charge as long as you attend your designated group session.

Learn more about tuberculosis testing

Consent for Medical Treatment if Under Age 18

If you are under 18 years of age, you must have a parent or guardian sign the Consent Form for Medical Treatment of Students Under Age 18. This allows for treatment at Olin Health Center or by the MSU HealthTeam.

Submit your Consent Form for Medical Treatment of Students Under Age 18 PDF*

*Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to read PDF documents.