International transfer applicants
Students who have studied at any college or university after high school graduation must apply as a transfer student to Michigan State University. In addition to the international application instructions, all transfer students must meet the university's transfer admission criteria to be considered for admission to Michigan State. Transfer students selecting a restricted major may have additional requirements.
Additional requirements for international transfer students
International transfer applicants should also submit:
- A list of college or university courses in progress
- Descriptions and syllabi for any university course work completed outside of the United States
- Official academic record with all courses and grades for all postsecondary course work completed in the United States
- Original or attested copies of all transcripts, diplomas, mark sheets and certificates from all secondary schools and colleges attended outside of the United States in an official, sealed envelope. In addition, where the original documents are not issued in English, also provide an official English translation of each document. When applying for fall semester please provide academic records with marks through the fall semester prior to the term of application.
- Explanation of activities since secondary school graduation if more than one semester has elapsed since graduation
- Official high school transcripts if fewer than 28 semester credit hours of postsecondary study (approximately one academic year) has been completed