Skip navigation links

Advanced credits

Students may receive credit through Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), Dantes Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) and International A Level examinations. Strong scores may allow for a course waiver or course credit. All scores must be sent to the Office of Admissions directly from the testing agency.

Michigan State University does not cooperate with any third party summer programs (e.g., LION International, AUIA, etc.) for transfer credit.

International A Level equivalencies
Advanced Placement (AP) equivalencies
College Level Examination Program (CLEP) equivalencies
Dantes Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) equivalencies
International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program equivalencies

Dual enrollment, also known as concurrent enrollment, is when secondary school students enroll in college courses to earn transferable college credit. Secondary school students who are dually enrolled at an accredited college or university may be eligible to receive credit for course work completed at that institution. Mathematics courses for high school completion should extend through the level of a calculus preparatory class. Courses beyond these basic expectations that are transferable to MSU will be considered for credit. Students can use to identify courses that may transfer to MSU.

Students are encouraged to consider all Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate courses offered in their school before dual enrolling at a college or university. Students must submit official transcripts from each college/university for credit consideration. In order to be official, transcripts must be sent directly from the school or institution attended to MSU through mail or online.

Mail to:
Office of Admissions
Hannah Administration Building
426 Auditorium Road, Room 250
East Lansing, MI 48824-2604

If you are an international student who has earned dual enrollment credit while in secondary school, you should apply as an international first-year student. If you are an international student who has been enrolled in one or more universities after graduating secondary school, you should apply as a transfer student.

Continue on:
Apply now