Dual enrollment applicants

Dual enrollment, also known as concurrent enrollment, is when high school students enroll in college courses to earn transferable college credit.

If you are a student who has earned dual enrollment credit while in high school, you should apply as a freshman. Also, be sure to refer to the information below to learn how you can transfer your dual enrollment credit to MSU.

If you are a student who has been enrolled in one or more universities after graduating high school, you should apply as a transfer student.

Dual enrollment credit transfer

High school students who are dually enrolled at an accredited college or university may be eligible to receive credit for course work completed at that institution. Mathematics courses for high school completion should extend through the level of a calculus preparatory class. Courses beyond these basic expectations that are transferable to MSU will be considered for credit. The searchable transfer credit equivalency system can be used to identify courses that may transfer to MSU.

Students are encouraged to consider all Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate courses offered in their school before dual enrolling at a college or university. Students must submit official transcripts from each college/university for credit consideration.

Dual enroll at MSU

High school students wishing to dual enroll at MSU must complete the appropriate application available through the Gifted and Talented Education program.