Building inclusive communities
Spartans believe that our differences are our strengths. Diversity is power. Building inclusive communities is at the core of our values.
Many resources are available to support MSU’s students:
- The Office for Inclusion and Intercultural Initiatives leads and supports efforts to advance a diverse and inclusive campus community. Our core values are based on the beliefs that inclusion happens only when the whole campus and community sees it as their responsibility, and that you can’t have true excellence without inclusion.
- The Office of Cultural and Academic Transitions (OCAT) builds supportive social and educational communities that actively involve students in learning by bringing together individuals and groups from diverse racial, ethnic, international and domestic backgrounds.
- The Office for International Students and Scholars (OISS) supports international students, scholars and families. Services include advising on and facilitating compliance with U.S. immigration regulations, helping students adjust to the academic, cultural and social life of MSU, and much more.
- The Gender and Sexuality Campus Center (GSCC) is a student-centered campus resource that works to celebrate, affirm and empower LGBTQIA2S+ members of the MSU community. We provide intersectional educational and social programming and collaborate with student leaders and campus partners to build community and increase a sense of belonging.
- The Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities (RCPD) assists students, faculty, and staff with physical, sensory, cognitive or psychological disabilities to maximize ability and opportunity for full participation at MSU.
- Migrant Student Services aims to advance education and empower students from migrant and seasonal farm working communities to bring about positive change in their lives, communities and the world.
- The MSU Student Parent Resource Center helps student parents and families balance work, educational and family responsibilities.