- Complete MSU's application for admission online, including the required personal statement.
- Pay the $65 nonrefundable application fee using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or an electronic check (online applications only).
- Self-report your academic record through your account. Do not submit official transcripts until after you have been admitted.
- MSU does NOT require letters of recommendation as part of the application for admission.
If you have completed less than 28 semester credits, you must also submit:
- Official high school transcript(s) sent electronically to MSU by your high school through an electronic delivery service such as Docufide, Naviance, or E Scrip-Safe. If your school does not have access to these services they may send official hard-copy documents via mail to the Office of Admissions.
- ACT or SAT scores sent directly to MSU by the testing agency. The ACT code is 2032; the SAT code is 1465. The writing portion is recommended, but not required. For more information about having your scores sent from the testing agency, visit ACT or SAT online.
International transfer applicants should also view the International Application Instructions
Self-reported academic record
Once you have submitted your online application for admission, you MUST update your academic record by submitting grades for any completed courses and inform our office of any courses currently in progress. All previous grades and current courses from U.S.-based institutions MUST be submitted via Your Account. Paper transcripts must be submitted to our office for any international institution in order to update your academic record.
Applications are valid for one year beyond the semester of submission. It is not necessary to submit a new application or application fee during this period. To be considered for an alternate semester, contact the Office of Admissions before the application expires. Students should also provide an up-to-date transcript, a list of current courses, and a list of other activities (such as employment) occuring between the application submission date and start of desired semester of enrollment.