Skip navigation links

Self-report your academic record

Once you have submitted your online application for admission, you must self-report your academic record by providing your course history online. Within 72 hours of completing your application, you will be able to access the online tool through your account. All previous grades and current courses from U.S.-based institutions must be submitted via this tool.

Note: Official paper transcripts must be submitted for any coursework taken at an international institution with a translation to English if the transcript is not in English.


Gather all necessary documents before you get started. This will include:

  • Transcripts from all colleges attended.
  • Test scores for any exam where credit may have been earned must be sent to MSU from the testing service. Examples of these are; A‐Level Examinations, Advance Placement (AP), College‐ Level Examination Program (CLEP), Dantes Subject Standardized Tests, and International Baccalaureate (IB). Please have the testing service send official test results to the Office of Admissions, 426 Auditorium Road, Room 250, East Lansing, MI 48824.
  • If you will be transferring in less than 28 credits to MSU, you must also submit a copy of your final high school transcript along with your SAT and/or ACT scores. Please have the testing service and your high school(s) send official copies of your information to the Office of Admissions, 426 Auditorium Road, Room 250, East Lansing, MI 48824.


You will be asked to input all courses and grades as they appear on your transcript. If you are unsure of a grade, DO NOT guess; double‐check your transcript and confirm before moving on to the next step. Once your grades are locked, you will not have the opportunity to alter the grade.


This process relies heavily on academic integrity. Once admitted, you will be asked to provide all official transcripts to the Office of Admissions and your self‐reported grades will undergo a verification review. Misreporting your academic record will jeopardize your admission and your ability to pursue a degree at MSU.


In cases where no transferrable equivalency is found, your course(s) will be submitted to the academic department most closely related to the subject area taught at MSU to determine a transfer equivalency, if appropriate. In an effort to provide additional detail for department review, you may be asked to provide a syllabus of the course(s). If needed, MSU Office of the Registrar will contact you via email with the address provided on your application.


Check your email and Your Account regularly. You will receive updates on the status of your application, notification of changes, and important information from the Office of Admissions.


Once you have input all of your courses and grades, you will need to submit them for review. Courses in progress and future courses will not be locked until you have earned a grade in those courses and submitted them for review.

If you add or drop a course, fail to earn a C or better in a course, or enroll in a new college after submitting your application, you must update your information online. To update you academic record, log in to your account and click "Update Academic Record". If your academic record is locked and you have updates to submit, contact the Office of Admissions.

Log in to self-report your grades:
My account